Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 15: Etch glass

Today we are going to a wedding for my dad's friend's daughter, Megan. Here's us when we were both little on a trip to King's Island. Don't mind the rediculous 90's wear...


Anyway, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to try out glass etching. I got the idea to etch casserole dishes from a site I found on StumbleUpon.



So we bought this Pyrex set and I went to work. I used Armor Etch and I was really impressed with the results. First, I made some assorted stencils (full last name, couple's monogram, and last initial) with my mom's Cricut.

 

Then I made them stickers, stuck them on the glassware, and taped it really well with painter's tape. You want to make sure it is absolutely stuck because otherwise it will bleed under and mess up your print. I then put a very thick coat of the stuff on and let it sit.


After 10 minutes or so, I washed it off really well - both before and after taking the stencil off.


After drying, it was done - and it looked really great!




After seeing these turn out so well, my mom had me make a vase for my brother's dance teacher's birthday. It has the studio's logo on it:



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you think something is cool, fabulous, or just wanna say hi, please leave a comment! (;


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones